The Kappa Zeta chapter of Sigma Kappa arrived at Elon University on February 1, 1998. As the 6th Panhellenic sorority on campus, our chapter quickly established a lasting sisterhood focused on friendship, service, loyalty and personal growth. Bound by the mystic bond, our members have always taken pride in the work that we do and the values that we live by as Sigma Kappas, positively driving our sisterhood for the last 20 years!
Since it was established, our chapter has blazed a trail of passion and success at Elon. Our sisters are involved in a wide variety of activities, clubs and organizations across campus including Elon Volunteers, Relay For Life, ElonTHON, Student Government Association, a cappella groups, and club sports teams. Better yet, many of our sisters are actively engaged in leadership positions within these organizations. The engagement our sisters have within Elon and beyond demonstrates the commitment and academic excellence all of our sisters possess. We are a close-knit group with over 160 sisters who each have their own interests, dedications and styles. Our differences make us unique from one another but allow us to grow closer together and to grow individually.
Though we are a fairly young chapter, we have accomplished a lot over the years through our sisters' dedication to our Sigma Kappa mission. The following are a few of the awards and achievements Kappa Zeta has received:
- Innovation Award for Philanthropic Event at Elon's Greek Awards 2017-2018
- Innovation Award for Council Engagement at Elon's Greek Awards 2017-2018
- Exemplary Inter-Council Engagement Award at Elon's Greek Awards 2017-2018
- Fraternity and Sorority Life F.I.R.E Award for dedication to our Greek and local community at Elon (Elon's Greek Awards 2017-2018)
- Outstanding Chapter President Award was presented to our chapter presidents the last two years
- 17 of our sisters have received Sigma Kappa Foundation academic scholarships
- "A" Standards of Excellence Rating for 2017
- Raised over $30,000 for the Walk to End Alzheimer's two years in a row
- 1 of the Top 5 Sigma Kappa chapters in the country for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s fundraising
- Donated over $112,000 to the Sigma Kappa Foundation for philanthropies, funds and scholarships
- Higher chapter GPA than the All-Sorority average AND the Elon average every year
- Rated a 3 out of 3 Stars chapter by the Standards of Excellence over 5 times